Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Simple Color Blocking

Color blocking, the latest and only thing I see on clothing store mannequins and front window displays.

I have two outfits to show you.  Both are very simple blocking outfits.  If you're not ready to wear purple pants, blue top, and a kelly green blazer... I totally understand.. Neither am I.  Too much 'bold coloring' going on for me.

Although Katy Perry is looking great with the color block scheme... I think I could only wear that going to some 'hip/cool' party (I sound like a middle aged woman not understanding what is hip and cool now).  It's just not an outfit I could wear out to lunch or to go to work in.  I don't think I would even wear that going out for the night somewhere either.  Well, maybe.. minus the belt.. and maybe with a shirt under the shirt or at least buttoned up :P.

Here is my version of color blocking in a simpler way.

Lime/Aqua



Item 1-- Aqua cardigan
From: Forever 21
Type of sale: Forever 21 everyday
Purchased price: $12.50

Item 2-- Lime-Yellow/White color block tank
From: Forever 21
Type of sale: Forever 21 everyday
Purchased price: $9.80

Item 3-- White skinny jeans
From: TJ Maxx
Brand: Vanilla Star
Type of sale: TJ Maxx everyday
Original price: Compared at $24.00+
Purchased price: $14.99

Tangerine/Tan



I purchased this dress from Express but have not worn it yet to take any photos but since this item is still being sold at Express I was able to find the image on their website.

I purchased it in the tangerine/tan color block but they did have various other color/pattern combinations.
As seen here!

The retail price is $79.50 and still being sold at that price.
I managed to purchase this dress last week for $30.65

This is how!

Express had a promotion going on where the dress racks displayed at the front of the store were 30% off.

I then received $25.00 off the dress on top of the 30% discount by using a...
 "$25.00 off your $50.00 purchase Express cash coupon**" (can only be used on regular priced items including promotional items that have an additional percentage off; exclusions are items ending in .99 in the price AKA clearance).

 **You receive one of these coupons on a previous purchase if your total purchase was over $50 (regardless if total purchase was clearance/regular priced)
 Note: the coupon is only good during a certain time frame.  My Express cash was only good between 1/30/12 and 2/20/12.

$79.50 - $23.85 (30% off) = $55.65 

$55.65 - $25.00 (coupon) = $30.65

Side Note!
TOMORROW, FEBRUARY 22, IS NATIONAL MARGARITA DAY AT ACAPULCO!
$2 house margaritas all day in the dining room and cantina-- get your margarita on ;)

Fashionably cheap,

Tina










No comments:

Post a Comment