Thursday, July 14, 2011

"Summertime girls are the kind I like, I'll steal your honey like I stole your bike"

I used to love that song... "Summer Girls" by LFO.  It was my summer jam when I was 11 and thought LFO was a trio of black guys singing about girls who wear Abercrombie & Fitch.  I should have known they were three white guys.  How could I have known with lyrics that talk about 'stealing your honey' and 'shake and wiggle to a hip-hop song' or 'always been hip to the b-boy style'?  I guess I just thought they were very proper and not as vulgar compared to other hip-hop artists.  I know all the lyrics to "Summer Girls,"  I find it embarrassing and awesome at the same time.  There's a line in the song that goes, "I hate Kevin Bacon but I love Footloose" but for years I didn't understand the Footloose reference and thought the lyrics were "I hate ham and bacon but I love Footloose."

Two outfits that are girly and stylish for the summer weather!  The first outfit displays a blouse and hat while the second outfit is a dress and a pair of sunglasses. 

Outfit 1:
I absolutely love this top.  It's light, airy, and by one of my favorite brands "Free People."  Under the top I wore a simple tank since the top was sheer.  The top hangs off of one shoulder which I thought may be bothersome but wasn't at all.  I loved how it looked with one sleeve off the shoulder.  I paired the top with jean shorts you can find anywhere.  I'm leaving the jean shorts out of the blog because they were jean shorts I bought when I was 17 from Hollister! (However, I did by them on sale for $12 at the time; Don't ask how I remember these things... I remember everything that I buy and how much I paid for it)  I decided to buy a hat to wear with my outfit.  A cute fedora matches perfectly with the style of the shirt.  I'm usually not a hat person because I have an odd shaped head; really... I'm serious...it's oddly shaped.  I purchased the hat using a $5.00 promotional coupon I received at Charlotte Russe from a previous purchase.  About 2 months ago they had a deal where when you purchased $25.00 of merchandise from their store they gave you a $5.00 voucher card good for your next purchase in June.


Item 1-- Sheer top with laced sleeves
From: Ross
Brand: Free People
Type of sale: Ross everyday + clearance
Original price: $79.00
Purchased price: $26.99 with final price $12.99










Item 2-- Fedora hat
From: Charlotte Russe
Type of sale: Charlotte Russe price + $5.00 coupon
Original price: $10.50
Purchased price: $5.50



Outfit 2:
This cute red and white dress has a great pattern that stands out.  The dress is fitted at the top and the straps can be adjusted to standard straps or criss-cross straps in the back.  There is also pockets on each side!  The sunglasses are pale pink with a cute heart accent on the side.  The sunglasses are designed by Betsey Johnson.  I love the stuff by Betsey Johnson so much that I already plan to post an entry dedicated to a few of my Betsey Johnson items.  Stay tuned for a Betsey Johnson themed entry coming soon!




Item 1-- Red/White summer dress
From: TJ Maxx
Brand: Imaginary Voyage
Type of sale: TJ Maxx everyday
Original price: Compared at $34.00+
Purchased price: $12.99




Item 2-- Betsey Johnson Sunglasses
Brand: Betsey Johnson
Type of sale: TJ Maxx everyday
Original price: $85.00
Purchased price: $14.99


Side Note!
$4 flights to Long Beach through Jet Blue during Carmageddon.
Not bad, but I plan on staying home this weekend.  If I go anywhere... I'm staying in the Valley, good luck freeway people, who knows... it may not be..that...bad...


Fashionably cheap,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment