Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hawaiian Luau

An annual vacation to Hawaii with the family and a few outfits to post.  I would say about 3 outfits to post but I'm not posting all 3 at a time since a few outfits for one post is a bit much when I'm doing an overview of each outfit.  First post of the Hawaiian vacation is the luau attire!  I went to two luaus this time time in Hawaii.  The first luau was one that I won in a raffle, yay! 

Outfit 1:

I didn't plan on going to two luaus so I only packed one dress for the luau and one dress just in case I was going out to dinner.  I chose to wear the "just in case I was going out to dinner" dress for the first luau.  It looks like I should be in Jamaica because of the vibrant colors of the dress but I think it's bold and cute.  A simple styled tube dress with a sweetheart cut at neckline, geometric pattern, pleated bottom, and button details at the chest.  I paired it with coral colored multi-strapped sandals, hoop designed earrings, and topped it off with a flower in my hair for an island feel.  Tip: Try places you think you would least find your outfit from but know they sell clothing/accessories there.  Places you may least expect tend to have an over stock of things and they go on sale!


Item 1-- Colorful tube dress
From: Sport Chalet (yes, they have cute dresses at a sporting goods store!)
Brand: BB Dakota
Type of sale: Take an additional 50% off already reduced prices
Original price: $46.99
Purchased price: $24.96 with final price $12.48
See this item


Item 2-- Multi-strapped coral sandals
From: Ross
Brand: Madden Girl
Type of sale: Ross everyday
Original price: Compared at $49.00
Purchased price: $10.99



Item 3-- Hooped earrings with design
From: Cost Plus World Market (Cute earrings here believe it or not!)
Type of sale: All clearance earrings are 2 for $4.00
Original price: $4.99
Purchased price: $2.00 (when I purchased another pair of clearance earrings)



Outfit 2:

Luau #2!  The actual luau dress I was planning on wearing.  I absolutely love the back of this dress.  The beaded detail and low back makes this dress really stand out, well at least from the back!  The print of the dress is island-like.  The front has a low v-neck and comes with a built in bra (how convenient).  Again, to top it off a flower in the hair and a free shell necklace from the luau!  Amazing find of a dress and sandals with total purchase price $12.00!



Item 1-- Purple island print dress with low back
Brand: Windsor
From: Windsor
Type of sale: "Everything on this rack is $7.00" yes, it was a yellow sign that read that on the rack.
Original price: $34.90
Purchased price: $26.87 with final price $7.00



Item 2-- White strappy with loop hole design sandals
From: Sidecca
Brand: Soda
Type of sale: "All clearance sandals are $5.00"
Original price: $16.99
Purchased price: $10.00 with final price $5.00


Side Note!
Sorry, no side note this entry that isn't clothing/accessories related.  Unless one of you found a great deal, let me know and I will post it!  However, side note! McDonald's has new sauces for the McNuggets.  Sweet Chili and Buffalo!  They are quite yummy.  Irrelevant to anything but I say the 20 piece McNuggets is an awesome deal any way.


A popular questions that has come up:
Finding sales at TJ Maxx/Ross sounds time consuming and difficult to go through a store you don't know where to start at, how do you find deals there?

Consistency.  Go to either store at least once a week.  I know it does sound time consuming but when you go for about a half an hour in one week, it's not that much.  Sale racks are designated by bright clearance signs.  You will see week after week that items on the clearance rack change.  Try going mid-week.  Saturday and Sundays are disaster zones for both stores.  Expect to wait long lines just to purchase an item.  It can be exhausting and customer service isn't the greatest at these retail stores; I say it's a trade off for the great deals.

Fashionably cheap,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment